Thursday, November 03, 2005

Mo Do Beatdown

I used to read Maureen Dowd's column in the NY Times religiously. In the past few years, she has been "drinking the kool-aid." Her latest screed is a book entitled "Are Men Necessary?" Her premise, which she has been beaten to death all year in her column is that men are not attracted to intelligent, opinionated, educated women-that all we want is a stupid, subservient whore who can cook and spit out babies. Katie Roiphe of Slate engages in a complete "beatdown" of Dowd here.

Note to Maureen: No man wants to be hooked up with an arrogant, condescending, whiny bitch. Which is why YOU can't find a man.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I asked my husband to describe me and he described me as an "intelligent, well-educated, opinionated woman." I asked him if I was attractive but he said that in the interest of his manhood he would refrain from answering and instead said "fetch me a beer woman!" So, I don't know about Maureen, but I gots me a man, and I is smart!

5:12 PM  
Blogger david said...

My point exactly-my wife is a lawyer, and has strong opinions but she is not a bitch-having strong opinions is no turn-off at all-the turn-off is if that's all you bring to the table.

10:52 AM  
Anonymous Neil said...

Really effective data, thanks for this article.
download full games | pick free game | download best games for pc | download full version games | download game gratis

10:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home