Thursday, September 15, 2005

Field of Dreams

My blog friend Joan had this post on her site yesterday. An ancient site in the Garo Hills area of India caught the attention of her brother, who conducts nature safaris in Meghayala. Here it is with full credit givent to Joan, who now lives in Charlston, SC and whose site features photos of that beautiful city.

Field of Dreams
posted 09/13/05 (edited Thursday, Sep 15, 2005 21:13)


Many of you know that I spent most of my childhood in the north east of India. The Khasi Hills area is a lush and beautiful place in the foothills of the himalayas. When the British lived in India they called this part of the world the Scotland of the East. I returned to Canada and eventually the states but my youngest brother Jim who was born there went back home, married a local girl and now leads adventure tours in Meghalaya. He scouts for documentaries and guides journalists and photographers into isolated areas. He walks travelers through sacred forests, sends them on elephant safaris and down the Brahmaputra river in dugout canoes but this time he found a real surprise.

Jim had written me about an unusual find known only to the local villagers. In this remote part of the Garo Hills he found, well....a field of penises.

Giant, hard, reaching to heaven, stone phallic rocks.

Field trip anyone?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oohhh my. I have to grin when ever I see those pictures! Thanks.

11:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home