Monday, April 25, 2005

Blogging Thoughts

I'm relatively new to this blogging stuff, having started toward the end of January this year but I'm learning something everyday. My sitemeter monitors my visitors and the duration of their visits and it is clear that if you want site traffic, you've either got to crank this stuff out on a regular (daily) basis, or at the least throw up some pictures or shamelessly copy something from some other site (after giving the appropriate credit or as bloggers refer to it, "a tip of the hat)." That makes sense-no one in their right mind would want to read over something twice, even if was great literature. Another thing that is apparent is that weekends when the weather is good is "dead time"-site traffic in the single digits. That also makes perfect sense. Who in the hell wants a visitor who would rather read some horseshit off a computer screen than go out and enjoy sunshine and breathe fresh air. I'm actually tempted to track down and red-ass any springtime weekend visitors or see if Amazon can overnight them a set of priorities. Lastly, there are some damn talented people out there blogging and I don't mean to include myself. Go check out some of my links, especially Feisty Repartee, Hog on Ice, A Small Victory and all the others and check out their incredible links. The depth and breadth of talent that was untapped or unknown until the blogging phenomenon is stunning. Take the time to check out these sites and links and you will be amazed and entertained.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home