Saturday, February 19, 2005

From Hubris

Includes this piece-

February 17, 2005

Rep. Slaughter Demands Response:

What Kind Of Shithole Restaurant Are You Running Anyway?

Slaughter to Applebee's: "You suck!"

Washington, DC - Standing up for her fellow customers, Rep. Louise M. Slaughter (NY-28) is calling for Applebee's to come clean on the actual nature of the dining experience in their restaurants.

"I am saddened by Applebee's' refusal to discontinue its claim that it is 'eatin' good in the neighborhood,'" said Slaughter. "I can tell you that my experience with the grilled talapia with mango salsa was far from 'eatin' good,' it was fucking pig slop. It's time for Applebee's to give the American people some answers."

Rep. Slaughter has suggested that a Special Combo Inquisitor may be needed. "What are these people hiding? Are they using real cheese in the nachos? How much rum are they actually putting in my Bahama Mamas? I can't tell, and I can sense a nefarious plot as well as the next person."

Slaughter has long been on the forefront of casual dining issues, having pointed out in 2003 that while T.G.I. Friday's advertisements typically feature attractive people, most men populating the bar there are "total posers."

1 Comments:

Blogger jules mcnubbin (buttmuffin) said...

Ha! I wish someone would question the iced tea at Ruby Tuesday's. It used to be drinkable but lately it has the consistency and color of swamp water. GROSS. Thanks to them I am now afraid to order tea in any restaurants. Maybe I should sue?

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home